Video games, Facebook, and iPhones — what do these three things have in common? They were all built by people who learned how to code. Computer programming is a fun and exciting skill. All it takes is a little help to get started, and that’s what we’re here for.
CodeNow teaches underrepresented high school students the basics in computer programming. Our goal is to help you understand how to program in a way that is engaging, exciting and interactive, giving you invaluable experience for your future. Students must submit their application for the training and bootcamp by
October 23rd. The Application deadline has been extended to October 25th
CodeNow makes learning about technology awesome with our hands-on, project-based approach to programming. We are recruiting Bay Area and NYC area high school students for the upcoming training. Selected students are required to attend all six sessions.
Who: NYC and Bay Area students, 9-12th graders.
When: November 2-3, November 16-17 and November 23-24 for NYC. November 23-24, December 7-8 and December 14-15 for the Bay Area. *All dates required!
Where: CodeNow trainings will be located in NYC and Bay Area tech companies
Hours: 9am-4pm. Free lunch and snacks included!
Our program consists of:
- Weekend Training: On the first day, students are introduced to programming language Ruby through hands on project based learning. On the second day, we use Arduino motion sensors to teach students how to build and program microcontrollers.
- Online Homework: Students are assigned online homework to develop their programming skills. They watch videos, answer quizzes and earn badges online.
- Bootcamp: Students attend a 6-day training over 3 weekends, during which each student will receive intensive training in the programming language Ruby. At the end of the bootcamp each attendee will have built a project.
- Laptops: Each student has an opportunity to earn their own laptop. This is done by arriving on time, completing homework and finishing assignments.
- Alumni Network: Every student who graduates from CodeNow is welcomed into our Alumni Network. You’ll receive invitations to regular meetups with other students and special events like College Readiness Day. Keep your new skills fresh with free online material!
If you’re interested in learning about computer programming, this program is a great opportunity for you. The application deadline is October 25th, but submissions will be reviewed on a rolling admissions basis. Students who are considered for CodeNow’s training will be invited to an in-person interview.