CodeNow’s mission is to diversify the talent pipeline of students who pursue computer science and technology. We do this by providing free out-of-school computer programming training to students. Our program is essential because it lowers the barriers normally associated with technology by exposing students to programming at an age when they are beginning to explore future options and opportunities. Hosted on the weekends, the workshops take place at tech companies and are led by professional engineers. We have been featured in VentureBeat, TechCrunch, Fast Company, Business Insider, WSJ, and WhiteHouse.gov, among other publications. For additional info, please visit http://codenow.org/about-us/.
CodeNow is looking for a NYC-based Program Assistant with a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit. This individual will be responsible for assisting with different aspects of our programs including workshop implementation, student recruitment, and volunteer management. In addition, the position provides support with research projects, content creation, and program evaluation. Ideal candidates will have experience managing social media platforms. Applicants should be individuals who thrive in fast-paced environments and are committed to our mission. There is room for growth with this position.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 1 year work experience required
- Experience with content creation for social media platforms and campaigns (Twitter, FB, Instagram, etc).
- Fantastic oral and written communication skills
- Strong writing, proofreading, and research skills
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including occasional weekends (when our workshops are held)
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%)
- Ability to work at a very high level, at a very fast pace
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Positive energy and exceptional professionalism
- Master organizer and multi-tasker
- A willingness to learn about the tech sector
Submit resume and cover letter, which includes a few sentences on why you personally care about our mission and why you would be a good fit for the position. Include salary requirements in your cover letter. Applications should be emailed to [email protected] by August 16th. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. In the subject line, please state the position you are applying for.