CodeNow is a fast-growing tech non-profit that provides free out-of-school computer programming workshops to underrepresented high school students. We have been featured in VentureBeat, TechCrunch, Fast Company, Business Insider, WSJ, and WhiteHouse.gov, among other publications. Currently we have workshops in New York City, Bay Area, Seattle, and Miami and are in the process of scaling. For additional info, please visit http://codenow.org/about-us/.
CodeNow is looking for a NYC-based Program Assistant with a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit. This individual will be responsible for assisting with different aspects of our programs including workshop implementation, student recruitment, and volunteer management. In addition, the position provides support with research projects, content creation, and program evaluation. Ideal candidates will have experience managing social media platforms in a professional capacity. Applicants should be individuals who thrive in fast-paced environments and are committed to our mission. There is room for growth with this position.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 2 years work experience required
- Experience with content creation for social media platforms and campaigns (Twitter, FB, Instagram, etc).
- Familiarity with Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign
- Previous experience as a teacher
- Fantastic oral and written communication skills
- Strong writing, proofreading, and research skills
- Innovative problem solving skills
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including long hours and occasional weekends (when our workshops are held)
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%)
- Ability to work at a very high level, at a very fast pace
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Positive energy and exceptional professionalism
- Calm and efficient under pressure
- Master organizer and multi-tasker
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment about priorities and high-level conversations
- A willingness to learn about the tech sector
Submit resume and cover letter, which includes a few sentences on why you personally care about our mission and why you would be a good fit for the position. Include salary requirements in your cover letter. Applications should be emailed to [email protected] by May 17. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. In the subject line, please state the position you are applying for.