Learn to make the most of college & explore a career in technology.
Join CodeNow this summer to learn how to code, design, and build web apps.
San Francisco Bay Area
Projected March 2019
Projected April 2019
Feb. 16th, 17th, Mar. 2nd, 3rd
CodeNow Program & Tuition
We’ve transformed the CodeNow experience into a multi-level immersive program students participate in throughout their high school careers. For a limited time, the total program cost for CodeNow is discounted to $1000, scroll down to learn more about scholarship opportunities.
Here’s what you get access to if you apply and are accepted:
- 4 days (30 hours) of in-person instruction at a local tech company or co-working space
- Lunch and afternoon snacks each day
Online Courses (upon completion of the weekend workshop)
- Unlimited exclusive access to our proprietary online curriculum until you graduate from high school through our custom-built learning management platform.
- Hands-on mentorship and support from our community of programmers, designers, CodeNow alumni, and your fellow program participants.
Hackathons (upon completion of online courses)
- 1-2 days (8-16 hours) of in-person support, mentorship, awards and prizes for competing amongst peers to build and launch a web application within 48 hours
- Lunch and afternoon snacks each day
- Hackathons will be offered quarterly in the city where you attended a Level One workshop.
Summer Program (upon completion of at least one hackathon)
- CodeNow’s remote summer program that will provide expert advanced instruction on product development, project management, entrepreneurship, and advanced software engineering techniques.
- CodeNow students will be grouped into project teams across cities to compete nationally with a fully-developed application over a 8-week period.
Skills You Will Learn in the Program
- Git & GitHub
- Ruby on Rails
- Project Management
- User Interface Design
- Product Development Techniques
- Basic Computer Science Principles
- Technology Entrepreneurship Principles
We are committed to serving high school students from a variety of backgrounds, neighborhoods, and socioeconomic statuses. Our diversity and emphasis on working with others is what makes our program special.
Scholarship eligibility is based on the following household income scale:
CodeNow awards a select number of scholarships based on demonstrated financial need. In order for us to maximize student opportunity, partial scholarship requests will increase the likelihood of being awarded one.
What CodeNow Alumni Are Saying About Their Experience
Program cost assistance must be applied for by the parent or guardian of the student. Eligibility is based on the completion of our scholarship application – which includes a video, picture, or letter from the student detailing their interest in joining the CodeNow program.
“CodeNow opened my eyes to different careers I can choose and how much work people put into video games and certain websites. Even for apps I use on my phone every day.”– Marzuka, CodeNow Alumni
“CodeNow has opened countless doors for me. It helped me solidify my career path. I became more sure of my ambitions in technology and learned to combine my love for CS and fashion!”– Angela, CodeNow Alumni
“During the program, things were coming together and I was getting really excited about coding. I do not think I had much of a direction until CodeNow happened.”– Wilfried, CodeNow Alumni
“This was the most perfect introduction to coding. I really enjoyed meeting new people, and I also learned a lot about coding.”– Julie, CodeNow Alumni
“I really enjoyed the hands-on work and how the trainers were always there to answer questions and help.”– Azim, CodeNow Alumni
“Before learning how to code, I felt very lost and really wasn’t sure what I wanted to do. But now, I am confident in my choice to want to do Computer Science as a major for college.”– Marie, CodeNow Alumni
“I liked the hands-on experience of coding with the guidance of people who code as their careers. I also liked being surrounded by people my age. We helped push each other learn to code and reach our goals.”– Arris, CodeNow Alumni
“I liked the different activities we worked on. It was cool to see all the different things code can do.”– Luis, CodeNow Alumni
“With this program, I was able to take a class that my parents most likely wouldn’t have been able to pay for. Coding is a very important thing to learn, and this program will teach you things beyond what you thought you could do.”– Emily, CodeNow Alumni